Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pete the Cat, written by Eric Litwin and illustrtated by James Dean. Harper, 2008. $18.99 ages 2 and up


"Pete the Cat was walking down the street in his brand-new white shoes. Pete loved his white shoes so much, he sang this song:"

That song has been in my head all day, and was there last week when I got home from my holiday to an email from Harper Canada, with a link that allowed me to hear the author's young daughters reading this most enjoyable book. I immediately emailed it to friends; I knew they would enjoy every minute of the fun! Pete is a cool, groovy cat who loves life. He has a special affinity for his shoes, even as they change color from page to page. When the story begins the new shoes are white and then he steps in a pile of strawberries. What color do you think his shoes are now? Then, blueberries, mud and finally water. Kids will quickly pick up the rhythm of the story, and the text as they listen to it the first time. It will not be the last time you read it to them, I promise you. But, it also won't be long until they will be doing just what those little girls are doing so happily in the YouTube video. Be sure to check it out. Just type in Pete the Cat and it should come right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment