Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 28, 2015

I Wish You More, written by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld. Chronicle Books, Raincoast. 2015. $19.99 ages 5 and up

"I wish you  more
tippy-toes
          than deep.

I wish you more we
than me.

I wish you more
hugs than ughs.

I wish ... "    

Parents will love this! I think that it is a perfect gift for a new family as it expresses hope for the future. More is what we all want for our children ... more happiness, more love, more friends. In a series of wishes, Ms. Rosenthal uses perfectly chosen language to bring an upbeat lightness to her newest book.

Tom Lichtenheld matches the tone (as he has done in other collaborative books with the author) to show happy, busy children flying kites, sharing snacks, hugging, tugging and chasing. The double page spreads are filled with light and warmth, with tough tasks and easier ones, with a sense of well-being that we wish for all children.

Lovely sentiments, accompanied by familiar settings and a lively crew of active, happy children, this is a book that is sure to be treasured by the parents who share it and the children who keep it to read to their own children.

My personal favorite: "I wish you more stories than stars."
                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment